Our goals are to:
- provide resources to enhance the
- encourage recreational reading,
- facilitate research by:
- making use of current technology to
allow students to access information within and beyond the library
- teaching information skills as part
of an information problem-solving process.
Students are welcome in the library to:
- work on research projects,
- check out a book,
- read a book or magazine,
- study quietly,
- ask for help when you need assistance.
How do I get to the library?
- Check out from study hall.
- Obtain a library research pass from a
teacher who assigned you a research project or asked you to check out a
When may I come to the library? (Library
hours: 8:00 A.M.-4:00 P.M.)
- during a study hall
- with a class
- before or after school
What's in the library?
Resources that can be checked out:
- Fiction and/or non-fiction for leisure
reading, book reports or Accelerated Reader
- Non-fiction on a variety of subjects
related to the curriculum
- Reference materials
- Magazines and newspapers
- The library's webpage linked from the
- InfoCentre online for locating
books in the library
- Internet access to online databases
provided free by the State Library
- Computer lab for word processing,
research and desktop publishing
Guidelines for using the library:
- The library is a quiet place for students
to work and read. Students are expected to respect others' need for
- All materials must be checked out before
they leave the library.
- Students may not leave the library
without permission from the librarian.
- Students are not allowed to have food,
gum, candy or beverages (except water) in the library.
- Students are not allowed to move
furniture in the library without permission from the librarian.
- Students and their parents/guardians must
have signed the BHS Net User Agreement and abide by the BHS Acceptable Use
Policy in order to maintain access to the internet.
- Students who check out books and
materials will be held responsible for them. If a student lose a book,
he/she must pay the replacement cost. If the book is damaged, he/she
must pay the charge to fix the book.
BHS Acceptable Use Policy
BHS Network User Agreement and Parent Permission Form